Monday, February 28, 2011

Beef and Vegtable Casserole


1 lb. ground beef
1 sm chopped onion
1 (16 oz) can french style green beans drained
1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 pkg tater tots

Brown ground beef with onion in skillet stirring until ground beef is crumbled. Drain. Layer ground beef mixture, green beans and tater tots in baking dish. Combine soup and milk in bowl, beat until smooth. Pour over layers. Bake 1 1/4 hours at 350.

I seasoned the meat. I can't just meat, I have to add seasonings. I don't measure I just sprinkle all over the skillet and mix it in. I pressed about 4 cloves of garlic. I add pepper, Italian seasoning, cumin and some smokehouse maple grill mix seasoning. I didn't have a second can of green beans but I would suggest it, especially if there is more than 2 in the family. I also add a can of peas, (2 for you bigger families is my suggestion) and about a half bad of frozen corn. This all went on the layer with the green beans. On top of the taters after I poured the cream soup mixture, I added cheese. I also wish we had mushrooms. I would cook them with the beef and onions. I aslo don't think you have to stick with cream of chicken soup. I'm sure any cream of soup would be good. So the next time I make I'm adding mushrooms and using a different cream of soup.

I got this one out of Taste and See. The "ABC" Senior Adults at First Baptist Church in Sylverster, GA put this cookbook. I got it from a friend. Carolyn Paulk submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment