Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Introduction

I'm not claiming to know all there is about cooking. I'm offering advice. It's hard not to go through the drive-thru for dinner 7 days a week. I can tell you that cooking at home is easy and doesn't have to take hours.

I'm going to share how I get a home cooked meal on our table most nights. Feel free to use my ideas and even tweak and make them fit your family better. Right now it's just James and I. I don't try to find meals that serve for 2 I have a few cookbooks that are for two and we do use them. We just save the leftovers for lunch during the week.

I will post our meal plans which are really lose. I don't set days to our meals. I've learned that life happens and sometimes the day doesn't go as planned or your forget about things that are happening. I just pick up 5-6 meals we go shopping for the everything but produce and then cook what we want on the days we cook dinner. Having options makes it easier to eat at home and not go out. On that day we go buy the produce for the meal we want when James gets home. When I cook I'll post the recipe, where I got it from and how I tweaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment